RR Electrical Services


5 Star Rated Service

+500 Jobs completed to date

Industry Accredited & Approved

Consumer Unit Replacements Starting From Only £449.99!

No Deposit Required

Guarantee included as standard

All Work Insured & Certified via NICEIC

18th edition compliant

All Major Debit & Credit Cards Accepted



Do I need a new consumer unit?

old consumer unit

Does your Consumer unit (Fuseboard) look like this?

If so, then your safety & the safety of others around you could be at risk.

This is because a consumer unit provides a vital safety function: in the event of a fault, it can protect you from electric shock, burns and even fire. New consumer units especially can be relied upon to provide excellent protection against electric shock. Where as older style consumer units may not protect you adequately against faults such as electric shocks putting your safety at risk.

There are several key features that you gain from replacing your existing consumer unit for a new 18th edition compliant one. These are:

  • Additional & Fault protection provided by RCBO's. At RR Electrical services Ltd we only install main switch consumer units complete with RCBO's & a surge protection device as standard. This is because In the event of a person receiving an electric shock a RCBO will automatically disconnect the electrical supply, meaning the severity of the shock should be greatly reduced ultimately stopping people receiving severe injuries or even death.
  • A Surge protection device. This device in the event of a power surge will protect your entire electrical installation from any damage, if this does occur the device can simply be replaced saving you hundreds of pounds in potential damaged equipment losses.
  • Metal Enclosure. The metal enclosure of new consumer units is a key improvement over older consumer units this is because in the event of an electrical fire inside the consumer unit, the metal enclosure is able to withstand the extreme temperatures for longer giving occupants of the property vital time to escape.

What will a new consumer unit look like?

new consumer unit

Here's an example of a new 18th edition compliant consumer unit recently fitted by a member of our team.

All of our consumer unit installs are certified with NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Contracting), Once the work has been completed, you'll receive your 5-year electrical installation certificate. You will normally receive this as a pdf attachment or if you would like we can post a paper copy of the certificate to your home address instead.

If you require any more information regarding consumer units please don't hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team via email - mail@rrelectricalservices.co.uk